Structure & Payload Design Engineer at The Boeing Company
Aviation & Aerospace | Greater Philadelphia Area, US
Versatile Mechanical Engineer with experience in design, testing, manufacturing, and operations. Quick learner with excellent communication skills. Proven ability to establish working relationships.
Specialties: Procedure development and documentation, testing and analysis
2009 - Present
Structure & Payload Design Engineer / The Boeing Company
- Lead six engineers in designing Environmental Control System (ECS) for EMARSS aircraft.
- Created data exchange process for modeling EMARSS aircraft in new CAD system (BRL-CAD)
- Managed tier one and two suppliers for prototype development.
- Consulted second tier supplier in carbon fiber braiding process to meet technical challenges.
- Designed over 1200 plies for composite Resin Transfer Molded (RTM) part in CATIA V5.
- Assisted supplier with manufacturing braided carbon fiber material
- Created Request for Quote (RFQ) and Statement of Work (SOW) documents for supplier.
- Wrote technical proposal for $1.2 million CH-47 Composite Tunnel Covers project
- Assisted supplier in fabricating 90 pound Resin Transfer Molded (RTM) part.
- Lead design of H-47 Composite Tunnel Covers that exceeded or met all goals.
- Coached junior engineers in design methodology and techniques.
Temporary Assignment / The Boeing Company
Assigned to Vought Aircraft in Charleston, SC to support 787 production.
- Write planning for assembly operations.
- Create graphical planning.
- Reconcile aircraft configuration with engineering configuration/planning.
Manufacturing Process & Physics Engineer / The Boeing Company
- Supported V-22 Lay-up and Deflash shops.
- Investigated manufacturing defects and implement corrective actions to prevent further defects.
- Wrote specifications for purchase of $600,000 Automated Stiffener Forming Equipment.
- Managed purchase and factory integration of Automated Stiffener Forming Equipment.
- Set-up and led development of a wiki to share Manufacturing R&D tribal knowledge.
- Lead the development of a $40 million 2009-2013 Capital Plan for the Composites Center.
- Managed deployment of a networked environmental monitoring system.
- Managed deployment of team toolboxes to the Composites Center.
Graduate Research Assistant / Georgia Institute of Technology
- Research and develop polymer processing technology to enhance carpet manufacturing sustainability.
- Design and analyze experiments to correlate process parameters to final product properties.
Lead Lab Instructor / Rochester Institute of Technology
Set up and teach Material Science labs. Grade lab reports.
Delta IV Mechanical Systems Engineer Co-op / The Boeing Company
Coordinated safety inspections of Engine Frame Fasteners and Separation Springs
Designed and maintained ground support equipment.
Developed test plans and procedures for technicians.
Provided technical oversight during the performance of procedures
Joint Strike Fighter Test Engineer Co-op / GE Aircraft Engines
Designed engine test apparatus and engine hardware.
Led aerodynamic testing of new afterburner hardware.
Analyzed empirical data to validate a computation fluid dynamics model
Oversaw water table experimentation to determine an efficient aerodynamic design.
Refrigeration Design Engineer Co-op / GE Consumer Products
Led qualification process to bring a new product to market.
Performed and analyzed acoustic tests to ensure a quality product.
Designed refrigeration components instrumental in a $2 million savings.
Completed Six Sigma team project to increase self clean performance in range products.
Led project to update literature for new product.
CAD Operator and Land Surveyor / Kammerer Schweppenheiser Associates, Inc
Drafted plot and final plans of properties; drafted existing conditions; surveyed properties.
Staked out construction; contacted government agencies.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Activities: Yellow Jacket Flying Club, Mechanical Engineering Graduate Association
Rochester Institute of Technology
Activities: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Engineering House
Aviation, Composite Materials, Hiking, Running, Cycling, Cooking